With this knowledge, checking your backlinks is a mandatory practice that will ensure that the site is able to receive the best position in the search engines and receive organic free trafficPinterest's Big Leap To Make Pinner's Life Easier With New Tools. Read more ... ». Analyzing the backlinks brings with it an advanced level of operation whereby a person is able to check & analyze for present backlink profile and the future orientation that will aid their site. The aspects that you should concentrate on when performing an analysis of the backlinks profile check are:-
- The inbound and outbound links of a site
- Quality of the backlink(Avoid low quality and spammy links)
- Domain AuthorityWhat To Look For While Checking Authority Of A Site. Read more ... »
- Page AuthorityWhat To Look For While Checking Authority Of A Site. Read more ... »
- MozRankWhat To Look For While Checking Authority Of A Site. Read more ... »
- MozTrustWhat To Look For While Checking Authority Of A Site. Read more ... »
- Citation FlowWhat To Look For While Checking Authority Of A Site. Read more ... »(Majestic Seo)
- Trust FlowWhat To Look For While Checking Authority Of A Site. Read more ... »(Majestic Seo)
- Incoming links from other sites and its authority
- Anchor text diversification and EMA(Exact match anchor text) usage
- GoogleGoogle Says Duplicate Content Won’t hurt your site unless its spammy. Read more ... » Page RankWhat To Look For While Checking Authority Of A Site. Read more ... »
Those remains to be the vital metrics to look after when performing a backlink profile check. For detailed information about all the metrics mentioned above, please check our post What To Look For While Checking Authority Of A Site.
Factors to consider before creating a backlink:-
Backlink creation is a very easy task, but creating a very good high quality backlink isn’t that easy as it sounds to be. That is where maximum webmasters fail and end up with low quality backlinks, killing their site. So wait, think, and crate backlinks smartly. Below are few metrics and factors you should consider and check before creating a backlink.
- Authority of the siteWhat To Look For While Checking Authority Of A Site. Read more ... », you are getting the backlink which include quick analysis of (DA, PA, mozRank, moztrust, Citation flow, Trust flow etc.). Always try to get backlinks which have higher authority than your site, because it will help you gain better authority with low amount of backlinks rather than tons of backlinks from site with authority below your own site.
- Complete check on the total number of backlinks and where they are coming from. Total number of backlinks and where they are coming from will speak it all about the authority of the site. Backlinks from sites which have strong incoming backlinks from highly authority sites like Dmoz, Wikipedia, yahoo directory, yahoo voice, huffingpost etc. worth thousand times better than sites having spammy backlink profile with seriously low quality backlinks. Try to avoid sites which have incoming backlinks from porn and warez sites as they will harm your site rather than doing anything good.
- Always check site’s content quality, it does help you to understand lots of thing like how informative the site is, what trust it holds, what subject authority it has attended or can gain in future(if it’s a new site), if it has loyal and engaging readers etc. It’s not about just a backlink all time; it’s about what value will be passed on to your backlink.
- Always check the type of outbound links the site performs, whether it’s a dofollow or nofollow backlinks. Dofollow link is always better then nofollow and always have superior priority but as I always say it’s a good practice to mix up dofollow and nofollow backlinks in backlink profile so that it looks natural.
- Try to avoid sites just made for selling PR links especially through blogroll and footer links.
- Always make sure to check the site’s indexed status on google by using the query “site:domain.com” to get a better view about site’s indexed pages and its structure.
- You can also check site’s backlinks which is indexed on google by typing the query “links:domain.com”. Always use multiple tools to analyze a site.
Tools you can use to Analyze and Check Backlinks
Analyzing backlinks from time to time is a mandatory approach that can ensure that backlink profile of a site is well maintained and operating high. Checking backlinks has been a process that has evaded many individuals who do not know how to handle it effectively. Many apps & tools have been developed to ease the backlink background check. Below are some free and paid tools to check backlinks effectively:-
- Google Webmasters Tool: – Though GWT(Google Webmasters Tool) won’t help you at all for checking competitors backlink but comes in quite handy when you are checking your own site’s backlink. Another drawback of GWT is that its process of indexing backlinks & showing them on WMT dashboard is very slow. In terms of in-depth analysis, it gives you complete insight about the backlinks Google has indexed for your site and when it was first crawled by Google. Many of you might know it and many of you might not know it, so I would make it quite simple and easy to explore. Go to site’s WMT panel –> click on site traffic option on left side –> click on “links to your site” –> now click “more” for any of the two option “Who links the most” or “Your most linked content” –> you will see 3 tab labeled with download option, click on the tab named “Download latest links” and download it in csv format. The downloaded csv has 2 columns, 1st column represents the backlinks which are indexed by google and 2nd column represents the date as when it’s first discovered. Below are the pictures to show you how to download backlink list from GWT.
- Open Site Explorer:- It’s one of the free products by Moz which check all the Moz metrics using their Mozscape index. It doesn’t only help you to check your site’s backlink profile and authority but also have the option to compare your site’s competitor’s backlink profile and authority with your site. You can get more detailed analytics about your site’s backlink with Moz pro version.
- Majestic SEO:- Majestic SEO is one of the most popular free and paid backlink analysis tool. It shows backlink data like fresh and historic indexed backlink count, shows majestics own metrics Trust Flow & Citation Flow in a graphical representation, Backlink history, Anchor text usage pie chart, referring domains, referring IP’s and lot other cool features.
- Ahref Site Explorer:- Ahref is one of the best site explorer and backlink checker tool available in the market. It does have a free option to check initial statistics about a site but with pro option, you can get complete and detailed insight of the site’s analytics and backlink profile. With this site explorer’s pro version, you can get complete seo report, backlink report, social presence of site and all the share and likes it has got. Not only that, you will also get complete information from where the backlinks are coming, referring domain ips, tld’s, gov & edu backlink count, type of backlinks(image,text,sitewide,dofollow,nofollow,redirect) etc.
- Backlink Watch:- Backlink watch is a completely free tool to check backlinks of a site whether it’s your own site or your competitors. It shows the result with details like backlink page where the backlink actually resides, anchor text used for that backlink, the type of backlink (dofollow or nofollow), PR of the page and OBL of the page. It’s a very simple and easy to use backlink checker available in the market.
- Raven Tools: – It is the most advanced internet marketingContent Marketing Value And How It Boost Traffic. Read more ... » tool available in the market for professional webmaster. It’s the most comprehensive and compact tool filled with amazing features to get detailed analysis report on seo, social mediaPinterest's Big Leap To Make Pinner's Life Easier With New Tools. Read more ... », PPC, Backlink explorer, analytics and content management. If you are a professional webmasters then this is a must have tool for you to keep track of everything around your site and its performance on the web. This tool isn’t free at all but has a 30 days free trial. If you want to test it then get the first 30 days free to check if it suits your need, and I bet it will.
Conclusion:- A backlink is useless, if it’s not indexed on Google and even if it does, it needs to be of high quality to gain better rankings on SERP. So creating backlinks is not enough, you need to make sure that the backlinks you are creating are of high quality by doing a complete check on the site where the backlinks will be created and at the end, you also need to make sure that the link is indexed on Google. If the links are not indexed on Google then you won’t be getting the link juice from the backlinks you have created. This post contains complete information about what to do before creating a backlink and what tools to use to check your backlink profile.
I hope it’s of some help, if you have any other points to contribute then please don’t forget to post it on through the comment box.